Monday, December 12, 2011

I'm moving to Gonaives

I'm headed to Haiti! Here's my support letter. Let me know if you'd like some more info. Check it out!


           This summer I was presented with an opportunity to “come and see” the work God is doing in Gonaives, Haiti. The information and impression I was given beforehand did not even come close to describing the incredible things happening there. The village of Jubilee lies on the outskirts of Gonaives. It is a place of beautiful smiles and difficult circumstances. I was given the opportunity to work in the clinic, help with the feeding program, reorganize medicines, teach in the local hospitals, and go on rounds to visit those who are unable to leave their homes.
            Through this experience God has opened a door for me to move to Gonaives and join the community and work happening there. I will be joining those already working with MUCH Ministries in Gonaives. While my primary role will be medical, community and relationships remain at the heart of what we will be doing. My time will be spent pouring into people to help grow them and prepare them to serve Jubilee through healing as well as coordinating medical teams from the U.S. to come teach and work in the clinic and local hospitals.
            Now, this is something that I am unable to do without your help. First off, I am raising support to cover my expenses while I am there. I am looking for people to partner with me financially. Please see the information included for several different financial contribution options. Secondly, prayer. James 4:3 says “You do not have because you do not ask God.” I’m looking for a community of people to help by asking God-sized things of God and to intercede for the people of Gonaives. Thirdly, I’m asking for people to help me specifically by committing to encouragement. This looks like emails, phone calls, helping me send out newsletters and conversations.
            I love and appreciate each of you for how you have participated in helping me grow and get to where I am. It has been a joy to serve Christ in his work in Charleston, Salt Lake City, and Haiti. I look forward to the day when you can “come and see” the amazing things that He is doing in Jubilee.




No comments:

Post a Comment