Saturday, January 14, 2012

Every day brings something new

JAN 11- Haitian sunset at the house

JAN 12- Getting a little help with my Creole from a friend

JAN 13- One of the beautiful faces at an orphanage nearby. 
I've been reading the Tim Tebow book Through My Eyes and have been enjoying it. Quote of the day: "People often seem to think that when you're following the Lord and trying to do His will, your path will always be clear, the decisions smooth and easy, and life will be lived happily ever after and all that. Sometimes that may be true, but I've found that more than often, it's not...When it comes to making our decisions, the key that God is concerned with is that we are trusting and seeking Him. God's desire is for us to align our lives with His Word and His will."

This week has been one of transition. To a new location, new language, new house, new "job" ...new new new! The clinic is in a point of transition which is scary but has potential to make things even more beautiful in the longterm. I've been thinking, praying, and discussing the practicality of being a nurse here with the community here. Serious stuff. But amidst all of that, there is Monday night basketball, Creole lessons, quality time with Youv, ordering chicken on the street, pancakes made with love from April on Saturday morning, figuring out my Haitian phone (that talks to me in Creole), and so much more. 

One of my favorite moments of the week: 
The guys here built a house that looks like a wasp nest (just take my word for it). Keziah (fellow nurse here) was showing me the inside and one of my favorite faces peeked around the corner. I picked him up and he gave me a hug- but not just a hug. A hug that involved him holding me tightly around the neck, rubbing his beautifully snotty nose into my neck, and it lasted AT LEAST 5 minutes.
LOVE

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely amazing. That may be on of my favorite pictures of all time.

    ReplyDelete