Sunday, January 8, 2012

Home to Gonaives

JAN 7- MADE IT!
JAN 5- Liana & I always having fun
JAN 6- Last night in Charleston. We made egg rolls and drank wine
I made it! I got to Gonaives yesterday evening. Fun that I experienced includes: getting the airport at 430 AM only to find out that I could not take all 3 of my bags in due to an embargo. How do you figure out exactly what is necessary so fast?? Sitting by a guy in the Miami airport with a Survivor buff on (ahem Tim Golden, Lisa Barker, & Adrian Fry). Relief when all my stuff makes it- and I didn't lose anything in my trunk despite the fact that one of the clasps broke. And on the drive back to Gonaives, watching 2 guys hop on the back of a moving bus, knock till they're let in the back, and sell foods/drinks only to hop off at the next village. So glad to be back.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds utterly riveting! Glad you're safe Grace Face <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. the items in that burlap bag... those are necessary. miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you (and your stuff) made it there safely. Hope all is well! Missing you like crazy.
    Oh, and I'm still considering bringing my brother out there this summer. I'll keep you informed.

    ReplyDelete