Sunday, February 19, 2012

Life

SO- I have not dropped off the face of the earth. A few things: the internet at our little house has been out so I come to the big house to write emails/blog posts, my computer is on the fritz, and I have slowed down on my blog postings. Hopefully, my little Mac will be back next Sunday and I will be back on board. Things have continued in Jubilee. This past week was a particularly hard week for me but one that I am not quite at a place to explain. Soon enough. 

Having Missio Dei here was amazing- just to now have some friends who have been here. Who have an idea of what life looks like. Of how Jubilee feels, what the food tastes like, and the loudness of the streets of Gonaives. And, man, I have a killer SLC community. I got so many wonderful gifts of things like Burts Bees, granola, ALMOND MILK, letters, pictures drawn by some of my favorite kiddos, and lots of much needed supplies for clinic. It was a really fast visit but I received so much love from it. 

Currently reading (thanks to a wonderful friend) the autobiography of Dorothy Day. And it is rocking my state of mind. I have so many paged turned down that it's embarrassing. I might finish it, and then just start all over again.

"Grant, Lord, that I may know myself to know Thee." ~St. Augustine

"We hate the rain when it fills up our shoes
but how we love when it washes our cars
We love to love when it fills up the room
but when it leaves oh we're cursing the stars."
~Ingrid Michaelson

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a rough week! I'll be praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Druid misses you and I am praying for you tonight in whatever is hard right now. May God carry you through. We miss you very much. Mia had a great birthday with your mom, dad,Russell and Katherine there. We also let her bring two friends. We went to Greensboro last weekend to help out Sam's sister who fractured pelvis in a car accident. She is doing better and having less pain. Good time to visit with everyone sitting on her bed! We will send things next weekend. Anything you need or want??? Let me know. Love you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're incredible! Keep on keeping on with the bold love of Jesus Christ. Give all of those beautiful kiddos a huge hug and kisses for me. Praying for you and your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so incredible to be with you and experience your day-to-day life in Haiti. Now I know what it's like and how I can better pray for you. I miss you and now I miss Haiti too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace,

    We're still praying for you daily. Looking very much toward seeing you and Gonaives in April.
    Love,
    Dad
    Still Your Biggest Fan

    ReplyDelete