Sunday, March 11, 2012

March Madness

When I think of being in Haiti, I think of being exactly where I should be- but also being exactly where I want to be. However, there are moments when I really miss certain things. And it's March. Now that doesn't mean much for a lot of people, but growing up, it always meant March Madness. March Madness is so much more than basketball. It's excitement, sitting on the edge of your seat, the best basketball you'll watch all year March.

If you've known me very long, you have heard of my love of Duke basketball. Before leaving for Haiti, I literally couldn't bring myself to watch any Duke basketball because I didn't want to become attached this year. But it happened anyways. Even though I have been unable to watch any games. But I have been following them. Rejoicing in the email from my brother about the first Duke/UNC game where Duke came back to win in an EPIC battle. Being sad about their second loss to UNC. Being so very sad when they lost to FSU in the ACC Tournament. But then, tonight, the brackets came out.

So we've decided to continue brackets in Haiti- from afar. And there are big plans to go to Port Au Prince to watch the Final Four and Championship. March Madness lives. Even in Gonaives.

GO DUKE

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Grace!! Lifting you up today to the throne of Jesus- may you sense His presence and love in Jubilee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete