Friday, April 6, 2012

RAIN

Last night, I was getting ready to go to bed when I heard a noise. It took me a ridiculously long time to recognize the noise- RAIN! It's been more than 2 months since we've had any. I yelled for Julie (the only other person in the house) and we ran outside to enjoy it. It cooled the air and calmed the dust that seems to be unending. It makes the plants here look vibrant and intensely green. It created mud to drive in when Rusty & I took a moto into Jubilee to grab some medicines this morning. It makes me pray that it would not increase cholera here. But for today, I am thankful for the rain.
He always looks so sad after a bath.

Beautiful baby who lost her Mom.

He's learning to be a terrifying guard dog.
Thursday nights we have Tribal Council. Now, before you go all Survivor on me, no one gets voted off the island or tribe. It's just a time for our community here to get together. Every week it looks different. This week, Isaac & I were in charge. And we wanted to contra dance! Last minute, Isaac was sick, so I got to call and teach our "tribe" here how to contra dance. It's almost a full moon and dancing on the roof is just fun. As St. Teresa of Avila once said, "One must do things sometimes to make life more bearable." So last night we danced.

Tug wakes up with ENERGY in the mornings.

This is Keziah's way of working it out.
"If we see that care for persons in need is a response of love to Jesus (Matthew 25:31-46), a chance to walk on holy ground, then our entire understanding of mission and ministry shifts. It is not what "we" can do for "them," but an opportunity for all of us to be enveloped in God's grace and mercy. In God's economy, it's less clear who is the donor and who is the recipient because all are blessed when needs are met and when individuals receive care.
-Friendship at the Margins, Christopher L. Heuertz & Christine D. Pohl


No comments:

Post a Comment