Friday, May 11, 2012

Avett comes to Gonaives!

Sometimes we make our own fun. Create our own entertainment. So when we learned that the Avett Brothers had a Live, Volume 3 DVD, we knew that Scott & Seth Avett needed to make an appearance. I was introduced to Avett in college by Isaac and have loved them ever since. They have lyrics that are so true and so full of meaning that it's like listening to poetry. They have music that can make you want to dance, cry, laugh, and sing until your lose your voice. So a few us of took a night and experienced an Avett show on the roof, under the stars. I love live music. I miss good, live music. But we find alternatives here. And maybe one day Seth & Scott will really come to Gonaives and sing for us- on the roof, under the stars. Anybody want to call in a favor?

"When nothing is owed or deserved or expected
And your life doesn't change by the man that's elected
If you're loved by someone, you're never rejected
Decide what to be and go be it"
-Head full of doubt/Road full of promise


"We came for salvation
We came for family
We came for all that's good that's how we'll walk away
We came to break the bad
We came to cheer the sad
We came to leave behind the world a better place"
-Salvation Song



"Just do your best
It's the only to keep that last bit of sanity
Maybe I don't have to be good but I can try to be
At least a little better than I've been so far"
-When I Drink

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Grace! We miss you lots! Next time I listen to the Avett Bros. I'll think of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I'm singing along with y'all!

    ReplyDelete