Sunday, October 21, 2012

Eyes to serve, hands to learn

Having children die is sad. This may sound so basic. But I feel as though people assume, because it happens so frequently here, that is becomes less sad. That the pain is diminished. It isn't. In a lot of ways, it becomes harder. We know what it feels like to walk into a house and see a small, frail-looking body laying so still. To hear wailing from family members. To have fought so hard for life, yet to have lost. To watch as a small, sunken face gets washed with soap and water. To look up at a tiny house in Jubilee and see a tarp covering the entrance to the house, people crowded around. To feel how real the brokenness is in the world. And to feel as though there is no justifying another Mama walking around with the story of losing their little one. 

But I also refuse to accept that brokenness. I believe that part of seeing God's kingdom coming to earth involves every hill and mountain being brought low. And I also believe that it means the valleys are exulted, the rough places made straight. So we must insert ourselves into the low places. Pray, sweat, & strive to see the rough become straight. And the beautiful part is that I cannot do it. We cannot do it. But insert a God who is as concerned with parting the Red Sea as He is about weeping over the loss of a friend. He proclaims release to the captives, sight to the blind, and freedom to the oppressed. 

And the Glory of it all goes to Him. He's got it. Even when we can't see it, the Glory goes to Him. So I have started reminding myself of what I believe about Him. When I feel the brokenness after losing a fight for physical life for a little boy in Jubilee, I remind myself of who He is. And while my feelings may change, He does not.
The Glory of the Lord shall be revealed.


"Keep the earth below my feet
For all my sweat, my blood runs weak
Let me learn from where I have been
Keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn"
-Below My Feet-
Mumford & Sons

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you since I read this for the first time earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =)

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post Grace and love the mumford lyric. Those lines have been an anthem for me these past few weeks.

    Love you girl and praying for you always!

    Clay -

    ReplyDelete
  4. www.Itcourses-distancelearning.com
    click here

    National institute is the largest leading chain of skill based hands-on line -training providers for Vast Rang of :-
    v Air Line Ticketing,
    v Cabin Crew Air Hostess
    v Safety Officer/Engineer
    v Seo Search Engine Optimization
    v spoken English
    v Hotel management.
    v Call center training
    v Web Development
    v Technical Vocational
    Training Courses Pakistan and All over the World. Its Educational Heritage Can Be Traced Since 2007. National Institute has always led the market by introducing latest market driven IT, linguistics and online Courses. National institute is a trusted name in the field of on line education and training having the largest chain of institutions in the on line worldwide. National institute has a large group of happy &satisfied students attaining successes in their future lives & prospects.


    click here

    ReplyDelete