Friday, October 26, 2012

Oh Sandy

Hurricane Sandy has sent rain. And sent it in some impressive quantities. For the past three days, it's been rain, rain, & more rain. So when I got up & made the hike into Jubilee this morning, it was a whole new level of muddy. Picture my 6 foot self slipping & sliding in the mud, pouring rain, blue shorts, yellow rain boots, & my red rain coat. Entertainment for all.
Purple Katie, Striped April, Yellow Grace
TONS of standing & rushing water
So last night, we had power! So we watched The Dead Poets Society. With 10 minutes left, the power went out. Let me tell you, torture. But thankfully the power rallied & we got some closure before the night ended. Movie night at the Safehouse.

"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life."
-Thoreau-

No comments:

Post a Comment