Friday, November 30, 2012

Run, hop, skip, or dance

For my lack of words this morning, I give faces. The faces are where I encounter Jesus. When I think of Jubilee School, I don't see the buildings, I see faces. When I think about our American community here, I don't visualize the big guest house, I see faces. When I think about Jubilee, I don't see trash, hunger, or a slum, I see faces. 
I remember stories- good and bad. Silly experiences. Sweating and swimming. Taking care of the sick, playing games with the healthy. Visiting. Picking up little kids as they come running. Eating by candlelight. Sharing- sometimes the same plate, spoon, and cup. Learning to give and to receive. And with those stories, the faces are so clear.


 "There is a terrible hunger for love. We all experience that in our lives: the pain, the loneliness. We must have the courage to recognize it. 
The poor you may have right in your family.
Find them.
Love them."
~Mother Teresa~


 "All around you, people will be tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death. But dear children, do not tiptoe. Run, hop, skip, or dance. Just don't tiptoe."
~Shane Claiborne




"Pay close attention now: I'm creating a new heaven and a new earth.
All the earlier troubles, chaos, & pain
are things of the past, to be forgotten.
Look ahead with joy.
Anticipate what I'm creating:
I'll create Jerusalem as sheer joy,
create my people as pure delight."
~Isaiah 65:17-19

1 comment: